While being treated for a urinary tract infection, a 72-year-old woman was left with permanently disabling injuries and confined to a wheelchair after being given an overdose of the drug Lovenox.
A Connecticut jury awarded Barbara G. Lathan $9.3 million after suffering the effects of the overdose administered to her by a Bridgeport hospital. The Hartford Courant wrote, "Lathan's civil suit against the hospital alleged that "as a result of the overdose of Lovenox, Barbara Lathan needed blood transfusions and multiple surgical procedures to evacuate the blood from her peritoneal cavity, contain and control the bleeding, and attempt to prevent further damage to (her) internal organs."
Contact Holly Haines:
1-800-662-6230 or firstname.lastname@example.org